How Do Hashtags Work on Linkedin?

you can buy or build phone number list here
Alisha

How Do Hashtags Work on Linkedin?

Post by Alisha »

Virtually every post published on LinkedIn contains one or more hashtags . Have you ever wondered why we put them and how to do it so that the algorithm promotes your content? I will try to answer these questions below. I don't think there is a person who doesn't know what a hashtag is. However, for the sake of order, let me remind you that it appeared on the web in the late 1980s and was used to categorize topics in the then popular IRC chat. The real development of the hashtag began in the new millennium, when Twitter user Chris Messina tweeted in August 2007 to introduce hashtags to the platform: "what do you think about using (pounds) for groups.

Like in barcamp [msg]?” You can read more about the history of hashtags here.Why is it worth using hashtags? Thanks to hashtags, posts become more Taiwan Phone Number Data interesting for recipients, which helps to build larger reach, i.e. reach more recipients. Even those recipients who do not follow our company profile or are not in our network of contacts, but are interested in a given issue. It also helps to check trending hashtags and weave them into your content (of course, not by force!). The ideal number of hashtags for the algorithm is 3 to 5. Below 3 hashtags, the algorithm can cut the reach by up to 40%, and above.

5 by 20% (9 and more hashtags reduce the reach by up to 34%!) . Interestingly, using hashtags in comments does not affect the positioning of the post. Just like placing them in the post itself does not make a difference - we can weave hashtags in the middle of the content as well as place them at the very end. Personalized hashtags. This is a great way to give your content a personal touch. Thanks to them, people who follow your content will not miss it. And all they have to do is click on such a hashtag and they will be able to read all the publications marked with it. Quickly and conveniently. Of course, for personalized hashtags to work at their best, the right number.